Thanks for hopping along on the 3-D Tutorial Blog Hop. We all have a project featured on our blogs today, and another 3-D project featured in a tutorial available to you, to create 6 fun 3-D projects using the same products!
Today we are featuring the Playful Pets suite. If you are a pet lover, this is a must! I love that it has both cats and dogs, and has coordinating stamps and dies, awesome designer series paper, adorable trinkets, and lovely trims. It is very fun to create with!
The grumpy dog image is from the designer paper. This pooch cracks me up! I had to put her in the dog house.
And the sentiment on this card fits her attitude perfectly!
It was fun to carry the cute designer paper to the inside of the card.
Masking is a great way to increase the versatility of your stamps. To do this, cover the portion of the stamp you don't want inked with a mask, ink the stamp, then remove the mask before stamping. This can be done with any stamp. Post-it notes, washi tape, and masking tape all make good masks to cover the part you don't want inked.
To create this card:
- cut a 4 1/4" x 11" Thick Whisper White card base, scored at 5 1/5"
- cut a 3 3/4" x 5" piece of Whisper White card stock for the font layer, emboss with the Tasteful Textiles embossing folder
- cut a 2" x 2" piece of designer paper for the house
- cut a triangle from Real Red cardstock and emboss with the Brick & Mortar embossing folder for the roof
- cut a 3/4" x 2 1/4" strip of Shaded Spruce cardstock, scored at 1/4" lengthwise, for the grass
- punch a Timeless Label from Basic Black cardstock for the door
Adhere embossed white layer to card front. Snip fringe the length of the Shaded Spruce strip to the score line. Fold on the score line, and adhere the 1/4" fold behind the designer paper square. Fold fringe up, and adhere the house to the card front. Cut one end off label to create a straight edge for a door, and adhere to center of designer paper square. Adhere embossed triangle roof to house with dimensionals. Die cut a dog of choice using the Pets dies from the designer series paper, or stamp and die cut a pet. Adhere near door using a dimensional. Add a ribbon bow on the roof. Stamp sentiment on a strip of Whisper White cardstock in Memento ink, and adhere with dimensionals. Stamp inside sentiment in Memento ink.
Would you like to Create 3-D projects with your Playful Pets suite?
To get your tutorial, which includes step-by-step instructions for 6 projects:
- make a purchase of at least $50 in the month of July and get it FREE as my thank you!
- email me to request the tutorial, it can be purchased for $15 via Paypal, and will be sent to you via email
- join my team–they get FREE tutorials every month!
Visit my store to get your Playful Pets Product Suite, and create your fun pet projects today! Click on any of the products below to take you there.
Now hop along to the other designers to their awesome projects!